The liver, which is the 2nd largest organ, is constantly working. We usually complain if we work more than usual but our liver performs over 500 functions round-the-clock. This makes it a vital organ to take care of.
Now-a-days, our lifestyle has made it even more difficult for it to cope up with changes. With a change in physical, physiological and environmental factors, this vital organ is constantly under pressure and has been a major concern world over.
A complication in liver can lead to multiple health problems including
- Hormone imbalances
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Skin diseases
- Bad breath
- High blood pressure
- Immune system disorders
- Headaches and migraines
- Ulcerative colitis
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- High cholesterol levels
This list is not comprehensive and a person may face other issues as well depending upon health condition. Always consult your physician if you feel you have any of these issues. It is therefore essential to know how to have a health liver?
Ways To Enhance Liver Health
- Breaking down foods into energy takes time. As a practice, one should eat at least three hours before going to sleep. This allows sufficient time for the liver to perform.
- Include minerals and vitamins in your diet. The best source is green vegetables.
- Onion, broccoli and garlic can help in cleansing and detoxifying as they contain sulfur.
- Ground flaxseeds help in binding receptor sites of the hormones thereby preventing excess deposition of hormones through chemicals entering the blood stream.
- A thistle of milk and turmeric is an excellent source to strengthen your liver.
- Organic eggs, tofu, soyfoods contain lecithin which help in controlling cholesterol and regulating fatty acid deposits in the liver.
- Raw nuts can be included in your diet as they contain usable proteins and essential fatty acids too.
- Exclude preservatives or unnatural additives to your daily intake of food.
- Healthy and fatty foods are harder to break down. Hence, they should be avoided as much as possible.
- Refined sugar or synthetic sweets are big no-no consumption.
- Larger meals should also be avoided; instead, smaller portions at regular intervals help to balance the digestion.
There are many other ways to balance it out. With the consultation of a physician, one can take herbal supplements such as Liv52 DS from Himalaya. A healthy liver essential stands for a long life. Take good care of it.