Inflamed skin is a very common reaction of human body to help fend off any harmful allergens or infections. Its symptoms & signs generally include itchy skin, redness, & sometimes, painful rashes, too.
Sometimes, the inflamed skin tends to clear up without any treatment. But if you determine the underlying cause of it and take the required steps or action to treat it, it will be easier for you to cure the symptoms such as redness, swelling, skin rashes, & itchiness.
Check out these general & possible causes of skin issues and its treatments.
Causes Of Skin Inflammations
- Viral infections such as chickenpox & influenza can also trigger inflammatory responses of the skin resulting in a rash & itchy dry skin
- Chemicals & irritants found in some skin care products as well as some detergents can also cause inflammation & allergic skin reactions
- Eczema is a skin condition that causes symptoms of inflammation, irritation and a skin rash
- Poor dietary habits as well as insufficient or lack of exercise can also cause skin problems
- Skin trauma—as a result of any injury or accident—can cause swelling & inflammation
- Smoking also causes various skin problems such as, acne, inflammation, wrinkles, & rashes
- Hives are other allergic skin reactions that cause inflammation, red marks/welts, & itchiness
- Stress and/or hormonal imbalances can lead skin inflammations, too
- Extreme heat and/or humidity can also result in an inflammation or skin rash
Treating The Inflammatory Skin Conditions
- Aloe Vera gel helps ease swellings & pain; apply it on the affected area. It also provides a protective layer that prevents scratching & further damage to your skin
- Baths with warm water provide relief from dry & itchy skin. You can add a bowl full of oatmeal to the water which will treat any rash & soothe your skin
- Apply an ice pack or a cold compress to inflamed skin; this will reduce swelling & pain. But if the skin is cut or broken, don’t use any damp cloth because it causes spreads the infection
- Eat foods that are high source of flavonoids & antioxidants; such as strawberries, blueberries, & spinach. Such foods help reduce the inflammation
- Papain in papayas and bromelain present in pineapples can also help reduce the swelling as well as irritation
- Healthy herbs such as ginger, cat’s claw, & red clover are all potential anti-inflammatory agents; such herbs can help to treat almost all types of skin conditions and infections
Apart from these home remedies, try some good quality skin lotion, too; such as, Coresatin Nonsteroidal Cream Therapy for Inflammatory Skin Conditions.
This lotion or cream effective treats the inflamed skin, soothes it, & gives you a soft, supple, & smooth skin. Also, do not forget to regularly visit your skin specialist to completely get rid of skin issues.