In today’s fast paced world, where we are busy struggling for college degrees, more marks, handling work pressure, running for buses or trains, handling personal relationship problems, the word “stress” is definitely not uncommon. Stress is an emotional and mental strain that affects the mind and physical health of an individual. There could be a number of ways that an individual may feel stressed out. So it becomes very important for a person to cope with everyday stress.
Symptoms of stress
- Lack of appetite
- Increased smoking and alcohol consumption
- Feeling tired
- Lack of interest in sex life
- Lack of concentration
- Sleepless nights
If you experience any of the above signs you could be suffering stress. Let us see a few ways to cope with it.
- Time Management – Are you someone who has to search for misplaced clothes or important office documents or someone who misses out the bus more often. This happens only because you cannot manage time. Performing one task in time makes it easier to perform the other tasks in time. One must learn to jot down a list of tasks to be done on a day. Such time management helps a person to perform tasks better and in time and thus avoid stress at month ends.
- Exercise – Exercise is something that has an effect on your physical and mental health too. Activities like jogging, walking and gymming keep your body in good shape and thus build your confidence. Exercising increases the level of endorphins in the body, which act as a mood elevator and thus curb the stress levels down.
- Diet – Follow a healthy diet. Your daily diet should consist of fruits, vegetables, eggs, milk that provide you the basic nourishment required by the body. A healthy diet will keep you active and fit always. Avoid eating junk food like pizzas and burgers that only add calories and no nourishment.
- Socialize – Meeting up with friends, relatives or your partner definitely makes one feel good. Sharing stories, cracking jokes, making love are ways to relieve stress.
- Sleep well – Sleep is the only time when your brain gets the required rest. So sleeping at least 7 – 8 hours is very important. Sleeping & waking at regular timings everyday gives one good sleep and makes you feel fresh the next day.
- Hobbies – Every person likes to do something in life. Some like singing, some like to paint or draw, some like to watch movies or reading books. Any such activity that makes you feel happy will definitely reduce your stress.
- Herbal Remedies – Today more and more people are turning towards herbal remedies for stress relief. Thus herbal medicines such as Savesta Ashwagandha help relieve stress the natural way. It is a popular herbal product that helps to increase resistance to stress, trauma, anxiety and fatigue.
Apart from this it helps to improve immunity power, prevents premature aging process, reduces hypertension and enhances physical and mental strength.