Low sperm count is often a sneaky malady which leaves many couples childless. The condition which is medically referred as oligospermia or oligozoospermia heads up when sperm count in ejaculate is less than 20 million sperms per mL.
Three main types of oligospermia occur which can be named as mild oligospermia, moderate oligopsermia and severe oligospermia, depending upon the sperm count. Three of them arise due to certain causes which can be explored as below.
Top causes of low sperm count:
- If normal flow of the sperm gets hindered due to medical conditions such as vasectomy (male sterilization) and testicular trauma, low sperm count in the ejaculate is observed.
- Scars or blemishes caused due to surgical procedures which are carried out on the male reproductive system can contribute to oligospermia.
- Infections occurring in the male reproductive system or some diseases like gonorrhea and chlamydia which are sexually transmitted can result into oligospermia.
- Declined sperm production can result from medical conditions such as varicoceles, hormonal disorders (2% are affected), problems of testicles, diabetes, heart problems and obesity.
- Gonadal dysgenesis, Hemochromatosis, Noonan syndrome, Prune belly, Myelodysplasia, Impotence, Multiple sclerosis and Prolactinoma are associated with low sperm count.
- Stress caused due to work related, relationship and physical problems, alcohol or drug abuse, smoking, exposure to toxins and malnutrition are also some of the important contributing factors.
- Consistent use of hot baths, tight underwear or other inner clothing also seems to be related with low sperm count.
Well, with the understanding of the above causes it is also important to know that this men’s sexual issue leads to complications such as infertility and sub-fertility and thus needs to be treated with the right treatment.
Treatment can be as simple as dietary and lifestyle modifications to some advancement such as use of herbal supplements that help increase sperm count. Speman from Himalaya is one of the effective herbal remedies to increase sperm count which surely helps childless couples. OnlineHerbs is the preferred place by many to know about Speman and avail it online with reasonable price, what about yours?
By acknowledging the causes of oligospermia, you can keep the problem of low sperm count away!