I sometimes, especially in winter, get aggravated due to the dry skin and so would be many of you! You will get a number of lotions or beauty products which can make your skin OK for some time but after some time skin might get dry again. After trying some of these lotions, I thought of trying herbal remedies about which I read on the internet.
Herbs and herbal oils that I tried for dry skin problem:
- Olive oil: Being rich in Vitamin E, olive oil helps protect, nourish, soften your skin and prevent roughness. It is rich in many nutrients and is a natural humectant which adds moisture to your skin.
- Sunflower oil: This oil is rich in Vitamin A, C, D and E. It helps retain moisture, provides a natural barrier to skin against bacteria and thus protects against blemishes.
- Almond oil: It has excellent emollient properties which soothes and softens the skin. It helps retain moisture, relieves irritation, inflammation and itching used due to dry and rough skin.
- Kokum butter: It is rich in essential fatty acids, antioxidants, and vitamin E which play an important role in skin health. It supports skin elasticity and gives flexibility.
- Neem leaves: The leaves have excellent antimicrobial property which prevents pimples and acne. Neem oil soothes itching, protects and moisturizes skin.
- Aloe Vera: One of my favorite herbs is aloe Vera as it retains the moisture on the skin for a long time and gives a natural glow to skin. It is also a natural UV protector, humectant, hydrating and softening agent.
- Cucumber: It cools, soothes, invigorates, softens and helps retain moisture on the skin. It has plenty of antioxidants and silica which rejuvenate the skin.
- Pumpkin seed oil: It contains zinc, vitamin E, beta-carotene and essential fatty acids which nourish the skin. It has been used for long years in bath soaps, lotions, and massage oils due to its hydrating properties.
I tried these herbs at different times and experienced the results. Why don’t you also give a try and make your skin glow naturally?