The name “Ashwagandha ” is derived from the Sanskrit language and is considered to be a marriage of two words Aswan and Gandhi which means horse and smell respectively. It is made this way because the Ashwagandha root has a strong odor which is akin to the scent of a sweating horse, hence the name Ashwagandha. It is generally believed that this plant has a bunch of health benefits.
In terms of medical concern, the herb is used for the treatment of anxiety. Others such as trouble while sleeping, leukoderma (a skin condition which is distinguished by white patches), asthma, tumors, tuberculosis, fibromyalgia, backache, hiccups, chronic liver disease, bronchitis, menstrual problems, chronic liver disease, insomnia, tuberculosis, etc. are also treated with this herb.
The health benefits of Ashwagandha herb is a nutshell
This plant is considered to be an adaptive that helps a person’s body to adapt in terms of everyday stress, a general tonic for well-being. It is also used for;
- Improve your thinking ability.
- Is also used for the treatment of
depression as well as vertigo since it has a positive effect on the nervous system and at the same time acts as a natural relaxant in patients with insomnia.
- Is very effective on the nervous system and can be used to fight stress.
- Improves fertility in both men and women while increasing sexual desire
- Is used as an aphrodisiac meant for fertility.
- Improves physical movement therefore can say that it also increases endurance as well as stamina which is why it is recommended for people who have undergone surgery and even for those who are going through a long time of suffering and other illnesses thus improving general well-being.
- It also improves symptoms of fatigue.
Try the ashwagandha herb to give yourself a better quality life since it relieves you from stress and all sorts of bodily suffering. You are sure to turn to well-being and happiness.