Everything about liver health
Liver is one of the vital organs of the body. By performing myriad functions it helps in keeping a person hale and hearty.
Though quite strong any damage to the liver can be the harbinger of lot of damage to the body. Only when ¾ of the tissues of the liver are damaged, there is a reduction in the functioning of the liver.
Adopting natural remedies for liver health along with healthy diet and exercise is the only fool proof measure to keep liver problems at bay.
Does awareness help in overcoming liver disease?
- Increased awareness about the causes, complications and remedial measures helps to fight effectively the battle of liver disease.
- Mistreating the liver is likely to raise the risk of allergies, digestive problems, headaches, chronic fatigue, cardiovascular disease and obesity to name a few.
- Problems with the liver can be genetic or this can occur if one’s body is attacked by any harmful chemical or Hepatitis virus such as A, B, C.D and E.
Measures To treat liver health naturally
- Leafy greens:
- Green leafy vegetables such as lettuce and spinach are known to neutralize metals, pesticides and chemicals that may be present in foods.
- Their regular consumption acts as a guard mechanism for the liver.
- Carrots are known since ages for acting as bodies filter and providing great cleansing benefits.
- It is one of the excellent natural herbal remedies for liver health.
- Drinking regularly equal quantities of spinach and carrot juice and also beet and cucumber juice is known to treat liver problems including liver cirrhosis.
- An effective tool in cleansing the liver. It works wonders in flushing out the toxins and impurities and hence should be drunk often.
- Turmeric known as a liver friendly herb is found to be highly effectively in the treatment of liver cancer. It improves fat metabolism and stimulates the bile flow.
- Turmeric is known to contain strong liver-protective property that helps in protecting the liver from several toxic compounds.
- The active ingredient of cur cumin in Turmeric helps to protect the liver tissue.
- The most noticeable health benefit of turmeric is seen in reducing inflammation. It thus heals and protects diseased and damaged liver
- Lime and papaya juice:
- Drinking lime juice and fresh papaya juice in equal quantities regularly is known to boost the functioning of the liver and hence is considered as most effective natural remedy for liver health.
- Those suffering from liver cirrhosis can mix 10 drops lime juice and 1 tablespoon papaya juice and take this concoction two times daily.
Measures to enhance liver function:
- Physical activities in the form of yogasanas, jogging, or brisk walking if practiced regularly go a long way in keeping the liver strong. Yoga is extremely beneficial in the production of the vital hormones by the liver.
- Similarly abstaining from smoking, alcohol and weight management by an avoiding processed oily and fatty foods are some of the measures which help to over liver disease.
Symptoms of Liver disease:
- The warning signs and signals of liver disease are as follows:
- Foul body odor
- Swollen, bag like red eyes
- Coated tongue
- Itchy skin /skin problems
- Weight loss
- Pale stools
- Dark urine
Though vaccinations to protect oneself from various liver diseases such as Hepatitis A and B are available, there is no substitute for lifestyle modifications. The earlier the diagnosis the greater are the chances of protecting the liver. Consistency in adopting natural remedies for liver health is the only way to protect the liver and also overall health.