What is a respiratory infection/disease?
Is your loved one suffering from respiratory problems and you are in search of a healthy New Year gift for him in the form of natural remedies? You can now breathe a sigh of relief as you are at the right place. Prior to discussing about some of the best natural respiratory herbs, let’s discuss about the infection in detail for you to have a better understanding.
A respiratory infection or disease means a chronic condition that limits the lungs’ capacity to expand, resulting in airway obstruction as blood vessels or tissue damage causes problems with circulation or gas exchange. Some most common ailments of the respiratory system that affects the majority of the people worldwide include pulmonary hypertension, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and asthma. In addition to this, pneumonia, rhinitis, and lung cancer are other more common respiratory ailments that generally affect the people the world over.
Respiratory disease/infection is a broad term used to describe ailments or disorders related to the respiratory system that includes the muscles and nerves involved in the process of breathing, bronchial tubes, pleural cavity, lungs, trachea, nasal passages and air passage. The symptoms of such infections largely depend on the severity and type of problem.
Common respiratory disease signs and symptoms
- Mild to severe chest pain
- Unexplained weight loss
- Appetite loss
- Blood in cough or haemoptysis
- Wheezing and coughing usually most severe at night
Shortness of breath during mild physical activity (dyspnea)
Give natural respiratory herbs as New Year gift for complete healing
- Eucalyptus: this herb is antiseptic by nature. Prepare an infusion with its leaves in hot boiling water and inhale its vapor. This will work wonders in treating chest infections. Alternatively, you can also have a massage by dissolving 2ml eucalyptus oil with 25 ml almond oil and use it for flu, asthma, bronchitis and colds.
- Yarrow: this herb has proven beneficial in treating colds. The flowers of this plant are consumed in infusions to relieve the common cold. Those suffering from asthma can inhale them. This is one of the most beneficial natural respiratory herbs and a healthy New Year gift.
- Angelica: the leaves of Angelica are ideal to relieve bronchial problems. For best results, consume this in infusions at least three times daily.
- Marshmallow: this acts as an expectorant. Its leaves work wonders in reducing bronchial infections and irritating cough. For effective results, prepare an infusion and take it hot.
Natural respiratory herbs are a good option as a healthy New Year gift as it helps in reducing respiratory problems. Just an inhalation or infusion of these herbs can help in clearing upper respiratory tracts to a great extent thereby helping your loved ones to tolerate the unpleasant symptoms associated with respiratory disorders and enable them to enjoy a nice rest.